the-peterholf-shimla-1

 

Check availability and book accommodation

 

Description

 The Peterhof housed at least seven Viceroys and Governor Generals during the Raj. The first Viceroy to move into Peterhoff was the Earl of Elgin who arrived in Shimla on 4th April 1863. After independence the building served as Punjab High Court and it was here that the trial of Nathu Ram Godsey, who assassinated Mahatma Gandhi, took place in 1948-49. When Himachal became full fledged state the building became the Raj Bhawan, Unfortunately it burnt down in 1981 but it was restructured in 1991 and designed to match the hill architecture palatial pattern and now is a heritage luxury hotel.

The historical Peterhof complex is located in the heart of city ‘Chaura Maidan’ offering panoramic view of Choorchandani on the front side, Dhauladhar ranges on western side and Kinner Kailash on the eastern side. It is also strategically situated with the State Museum on one side and famous Viceroy Legal Lodge on the other side, now housing the Institute of Advance Studies. There is a huge lush green  lawn in front of the hotel.

Facilities

  • Restaurant,Bar, Lawn
  • Conference Hall (Capacity 75-80 Pax )
  • Darbar Hall (Capacity 500 Pax)
  • Drive In, Parking, Cable TV, Taxi on demand, Doctor on call,  Intercom, Room service, hot & cold water
  • Credit Debit/Cards accepted

ADDRESS: The Peterhof, Shimla ( H.P.) – 171004.Tel: (0177)-2812236, 2652538. Fax: (0177) – 2813801. E-mail: peterhof@hptdc.in

ACCESS : The airport at Jubar-Hatti is 23 km away. The main Bus Stand is at a distance of 3 km and Railway Station is 2 km

The Peterhof, Shimla

Interactive map will load automatically in a few moments