Hotel Uhl, Jogindernagar- Himachal Pradesh
(Height : 1220 mtrs.)
Brief Description of the Loation:
Jogindernagar is a hill town in Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh state in India’s Himalayan North nestled in Dhauladhar range at 1220 mtrs. It is a pleasant destination to hang out for with a number of hill stations around and other places of interest to visit. The city is popularly known as Electric City and The City of Powerhouses and is the only town in Asia to have three powerhouses which run on the same stream water. The town packs good options for sightseeing, picnicking, angling and adventure sports like paragliding and trekking.
- Bir Billing: Known to be the one of the best paragliding spots, it offers the seekers with everything adventurous you may seek. There are lots of Tibetan Buddhist monasteries in Bir, a nearby town mostly inhibited by tibetan people in exile. While Billing is the hang-gliding take-off spot for Paragliding Pre-World Cup and other international level tournaments like Himalyan Cup.
- Macchyal Lake: 6 km from the Hotel Uhl is this small lake held sacred to Machendru Devta means the God of Fish. It is a famous and sacred as well swimming spot. Fish are fed and worshipped here especially on Saturday and Tuesday. Fishing is strictly prohibited here. A fair in the month of April is held here every year. Out flowing water of Uhl river from Bassi Power house meets into Gugli Khadd. Some beautiful temples of Machendru Devta are lying beside the lake with very old idols of God of Fish. A comparatively large lake is 1.5 km away from sacred lake which is 200 m lengthy and 20–50 m broad. There are thousands of Mahashir fishes here.
- Baijnath: 20 km from Joginder Nagar is this exquisite temple where Lord Shiva is worshipped as Vaidyanath – ‘The Lord of Physicians’. The original temple was built in 804 AD. Here King Ravana is said to have supplicated Lord Shiva for this boon of immortality.
- Chaprot: It is a popular picnic spot and a hangout destination situated on Siyuri Dhar mountain range and is 10 km from the town. It can be reached through single lane road which branches off towards it from the National Highway 20 at Shanan. A small reservoir for Bassi Power house is located here. One can see the whole Joginder Nagar valley from here. One govt. rest house is also available but restricted for officials only. But one can leave off in the evening after hanging out around.
Package Cost per day:
Single Occupancy: Rs. 1548/-
Double Occupancy: Rs. 3097/-
- Accommodation and food
- Daily Sanitization carried out inside the hotel
- Following all the SOP’s issued by Government.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Daily change of menu
- Group Bonfire
- Local sightseeing visit on extra demand
- Paragliding at extra charges
- GST inclusive
Note: This package is valid only upto 31.03.2021.